I got into game development early in life, and my journey started when I began hacking games. I would inspect their hex codes so I could export characters, props, and other assets. Once I got the assets out, I would convert, re-rig, and import them into Garry's Mod. Once I got a taste, I wanted to learn as much as I could about game development, so I pursued an education in it.
I went to New Zealand to study at Media Design School, and earned my Bachelor of Creative Technologies. Over the course of three years, I learnt the fundamentals and workflows of game development from industry veterans. In my final year, I specialized in rigging, pipeline work, and tool scripting. Once I graduated, I joined Bohemia Interactive where I helped establish animation tools, pipelines, rigs, engine solutions, and more. After four years at the company, we launched DayZ with its 1.0 release.
After releasing DayZ, I joined Rocksteady where I was given the responsibility of maintaining tools, rigs, and workflows in Motionbuilder. I have also been creating asset and rigging tools that are used daily by several departments, and I'm responsible for creating and maintaining character and gameplay asset rigs, setting them up in 3ds max, Motionbuilder, and in Unreal Engine.
I joined Rocksteady Studios as a Technical Animator, and was later promoted to a Senior Technical Animator. When I joined, I took over responsibility maintaining our Motionbuilder tools, where I delivered a number of tools and solutions to make our animators' life easier. Over the course of the project, I've rigged half a dozen hero-level characters, and several gameplay and cinematic assets.
- 3ds Max
- Unreal Engine 4
I joined Bohemia as a Junior Technical Animator, and I was promoted to Technical Animator halfway through my second year. During my time at Bohemia, I established animation pipelines, wrote scripts for multiple departments, created character and weapon rigs, cleaned up and organized vast amounts of motion capture data, collaborated closely with animation and engine programmers, audio departments, designers, and other animators.
- Created tools and defined pipelines for animation workflows
- Created and maintained the player animation state machine and constantly refined its behavior
- Worked closely with the DayZ team to define, create, and maintain the animation pipeline
- Analyzed and developed solutions to aid animators and sound designers' workflows
- Directed motion capture actors for a large array of animations
- Collaborated with technical designers to develop animation tools
- Documented in-house animation tools and systems
- Created weapon rigs for a multitude of firearms
- Researched cinematic workflows and animated characters for use in cinematic trailers
- Created a large quantity of gameplay animations through motion capture data and keyframe animation
- Oversaw research and development for character implementations in engine
- Rigged and implemented characters and weapons
- Researched and created workflows for cinematic trailers
- Rigged and animated cutscenes
- 3ds Max
- Unreal Engine 4
During my free time, I like to play Dungeons & Dragons and take the role of the Dungeon Master, the creator and narrator. In order to make my worlds more immersive, I decided to start tracking time in the fantasy world, and that goal needed a system to support it. Over time, the project grew and gained more and more features, until it became a standalone service used by over ten thousand people worldwide.
I created it from scratch, and later on I brought on another person to help me with the back-end, while I kept to the front-end and the calendar code itself.
Skills & Tools
3ds Max (Proficient)
Unreal Engine 4 (Proficient)
Unreal Engine 5 (Competent)
- Code Review
- After Effects
Bachelor of Creative TechnologiesMedia Design School2012 - 2015
Game of the Year FinalistIn my final year, our team entered with our project Dungeon Town. We were one of four highly recommended games selected by the CGStudent Awards jury.
Top Student AwardI was presented with the prize for having the highest GPA of my year.
- Swedish (Native)
- English (Fluent)
- Dungeons & Dragons
- Warhammer 40k